A girl needs to be pampered every now and again, yes?
I had to share this amazingly yummy, delicious treat that we made at a recent MOPS. You guessed it, strait from Martha herself: the body scrub. Super easy, incredibly fun, and just a simple way to do something nice for yourself or someone you love. What a gift.
I’ll go ahead and give you the link to Martha’s recipe, but I’ll write out our version in case you’re interested in that as well.
- sugar / epsom salt
- grape seed oil
- essential oil(s)
- food coloring (if desired)
- mixing bowl
- small canning jar(s)
- printer & inkjet bumper sticker paper
Get messy & have fun!
1. Add 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar or salt to a bowl & 4 tablespoons of grape seed oil.
2. Next add about 10 drops of essential oil (see the labels links for some fun recipes!)
3. Stir well, and if desired you may add food coloring. (I chose to go au natural, not wanting to deal with messy food colorings. Either way, makes a lovely scrub!)
4. Spoon mixture into your jar
5. Print your desired label(s) and affix onto the lid.
- See here & here for blank labels,
- See here & here for salt labels,
- And see here & here for sugar labels.
6. Now go hop into a steamy shower and scrub, scrub away!
A few more thoughts…
I hope you are able to take some time to make this simple recipe of goodness, if you haven’t already. We all know fancy bath and body products can be so costly – why not make your own, knowing exactly what is in it, and actually saving some cash in the long run? Makes a lovely gift and an even better excuse to pamper yourself! Hugs and happy Tuesday!