O ver the course of the next few weeks, I will be bringing you some ideas on homemade ornaments. If you are a photographer, you can top your clients’ orders with these cute and inexpensive ornaments. If you are a mom, your kids can help you make them. And, no matter who you are–I can assure you they will look darling on your tree or around your home.
Pipe cleaners are the ultimate in cheap crafting supplies. I keep them well stocked at my house, and my boys love using them to make crafts of all sorts. Today, we used them to make some sweet little ornaments. I remember making these in 3rd grade with precut lengths of white pipe cleaners…and they were just as easy as I remember.
- 3 Pipe Cleaners (Each cut in half)
- Wire Cutter
- Needle Nosed Pliers
- Length of Ribbon
- Take 3 pipe cleaners and twist together at the middle.
- Separate arms to make a 6 point star.
- Cut remaining pipe cleaners in thirds.
- Starting in the middle of one arm, twist smaller piece of pipe cleaner around and crimp with needle nose pliers. Continue up the arm twice more.
- Continue around the star.
- Tie ribbon around middle and into a circle shape to make a hanger.
Hayley was born and raised in the cornfields of Indiana, and though they lived a magical 4 year stint in Charlotte, NC, Hayley has found herself again in the Hoosier State. She and her husband have three boys who are learning to how to be good men (in the midst of all the wrestling and dirt). She tries to balance living a life of beauty with living a life of adventure. Follow her adventures at Tiny Twig Goes Out on a Limb and on Twitter.
To read all articles written by Hayley, click here.