As we approach the New Year, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite discoveries of the last 12 months with you. From simple places on the web to an amazing baby wash that makes my little girl smell like heaven, these are 10 favorites from 2010 that have made me smile:
1. Pinterest – Such a nifty community that launched this year. It’s a visual cornucopia of fabulous places, spaces, art, fashion etc. I already spend too much time here — but LOVE the places it leads me and the inspiration I find every time I visit.
2. Volume 25 – I adore Jessica’s heartwarming artwork and have ordered a few pieces for my home (not to mention her customer service is amazing). One of my favorite prints is so apropos.
3. I am in love with Judy Kaufman’s work too. Can’t wait to purchase this print for my boys once they start sharing a room in a few months (I’m still deciding on one for me).
4. Aden & Anais Muslin blankets: By baby number three, there aren’t many surprises. You have baby gear down to a science and know what brands are your favorites. But, I was delighted to discover these gems. They are lightweight, soft and versatile. I use them as burp cloths, blankets or nursing covers in a pinch.
5. I spotted this yummy baby wash that makes my little one smell divine at Target –I can’t stop sniffing her sweet soft locks after bath time. It’s Shea Moisture’s organic raw shea chamomile & argan oil baby head-to-toe wash & shampoo with frankincense and myrrh. Longest name ever — but worth every syllable!
6. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. One of the best books I read this year.
7. KidZui – While we limit screen and electronic time in the Beaty household, this pregnant mama was grateful my son could surf the web safely when I really needed to rest (thankyouverymuchfirsttrimester). I love that I can control what he sees and that the interface is easy and intuitive, even for a 4-year-old. Best part — it’s free!
8. Young House Love – It’s like a mini and less dramatic “Extreme Home Makeover” — I love reading about this inventive, creative and uber-handy 20-something couple and the renovation/design work they undertake. It inspires me to learn to use things like table saws and has helped me look at “fixer uppers” from a whole new perspective. Easily my favorite shelter blog.
9. I’ve been a Pandora fan for years, but have been loving getting my groove on with Grooveshark. I love creating streaming playlists of any music I choose — bonus that I can play entire albums of artists I dig.
10. Talenti Caribbean Coconut Gelato. If you looooove coconut (like me), this may be the best thing you have ever tasted.
Your favorites could be ours too. If you make a list of your own 10 in 2010, add a link here. Or, just share one or two of the good things you have discovered this year.
Co-editor Stephanie Beaty is a blessed mama of three children and military spouse. After a 10-year career as a professional writer/PR pro she began Lifeography, a modern child + family portrait studio where she focuses on capturing relationships and connections. Although her growing family currently resides in Virginia Beach, Va., home is wherever the Navy sends them.