As summer draws to a close and tax-free shopping days are on the horizon, I thought I’d share some of my fave finds for the back-to-school season.
1. Plastica’s fabulously modern bento boxes. We’re homeschooling and I am still tempted to get these for the kiddos (and ME, who am I kidding???). I LOVE the colorful and minimalist designs.
2. No school year is complete without first-day-of-school photos. A clever idea from oh-dee-doh:
3. Get your kids’ study space organized. Check out these FABULOUS examples of desk space design on Pinterest from around the web.
4. A reward system for your minis. We are using punch cards as my rising Kindergartner completes reading lessons. He loves them! They can also be used for behavior incentives and are a nice alternative to wall charts.
5. A Beautiful DIY art supply pouch/pencil holder. I want one too.
6. Where were these bags by Bakker Made With Love when I was growing up? Perfect for the little and big kids in your life.
8. Turn off the television and offer these easy afterschool art activities instead. Ideas from The Artful Parent will keep them occupied (and crafty).
9. Homeschool families should browse this visual schedule for kids. Great for kids at home/or after school too!
10. Who wouldn’t be excited by this creative way to count down the days until school starts? We are going to do a variation of this at our home.
Have you blogged your back-to-school tips? Or do you have something to add to the list? Please share in the comments section!
Co-editor Stephanie Beaty is a blessed mama of three children and military spouse. After a 10-year career as a professional writer/PR pro she began Lifeography, a modern child + family portrait studio where she focuses on capturing relationships and connections. Although her growing family currently resides in Virginia Beach, Va., home is wherever the Navy sends them. Write to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.