Top Counter Top Water Filtration Systems Reviewed
Counter top water filtration systems keep you from having to run wires, drill holes, or any other antics to your main water line or under your sink. You still get fresh water without a bulky water container stored in your fridge. They make a great option for cooking, cleaning, drinking, or just making the perfect cup of coffee.
We did all the research for you so you don’t have to spend hours upon hours looking up every water filtration system on the market. You found the pickiest people on the planet to please and we only put the best of the best on the list so you don’t have to worry about inferior products making the cut.
Best Counter Top Water Filtration Systems
The Apex Countertop Drinking Water Filter doesn’t just clean your water, it adds minerals to your water too. The modern design and a wide range of color options allow you to personalize your water and your kitchen. Who knew a water filter could decorate your kitchen in reds, blues, or even chrome?
Eliminate 99% of substances found in common tap water with this low-level filter with less work connecting to plumbing. No more chlorine, chloramine, benzene, radon, or heavy metals contaminating the taste of your water. It can also prevent microorganism buildup. After, it re-adds magnesium, potassium, and calcium to raise the alkalinity of tap water.
This filter sits on your counter right next to your sink. Installation couldn’t be easier as it connects to most standard household kitchen faucets with the included hardware. You do need a standard faucet for the counter filter to work, otherwise, you will need to try another method of filtration or a different faucet, your choice.
No more bottles of water wasting money and filling landfills. Your family can use the faucet attached to the filter for quick access to delicious cloud-free water to replace expensive water bottles. Furthermore, the great price makes this a well-loved choice to get clean water without constantly refilling a pitcher or messing with the plumbing under your kitchen sink.
Last of all, changing the filters may require superhuman strength. The filter can grow some algae, so you will need to monitor it to prevent this common issue. Use vinegar to kill dozens of different issues that can attack a filter. Customers do love how easy it is to install and the three-layers of filtration to remove as much as possible from water despite the two minor problems.
- REDUCES CONTAMINANTS IN TAP WATER: The APEX Clear Countertop Alkaline Drinking Water Filter System removes contaminants commonly found in tap water, like chlorine, sediment, and radon. It also filters Cryptosporidium, and Giardia cysts, which contribute to water-borne illnesses. APEX water filters remove mercury and harmful pesticides to give you delicious, sparkling, fresh clean drinking water.
- CONNECTS TO STANDARD FAUCETS: APEX’s Clear countertop water filter system has been designed to conveniently sit right on your kitchen counter. It is simple to install, and connects easily to most standard kitchen faucets. All the necessary hardware is included for easy do-it-yourself installation. Simply remove the aerator screen from the faucet and screw on the collar of the APEX diverter valve.
- COST-EFFECTIVE WATER FILTER: By using an APEX countertop alkaline water filter, you can stop wasting money on small disposable bottles of water that just get thrown away when empty. Buying bottled water for daily home consumption gets expensive and tedious. You don’t have to lug heavy water jugs or cases home to enjoy fresh clean drinking water. APEX water filters are the solution.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE: Owning your own bottleless kitchen water dispenser can not only save you money, but it is the responsible choice for helping to eliminate the millions of plastic water bottles piling up in landfills each year. We only have one world, but it is quickly being polluted by unnecessary water bottles that can be reduced by having your own filtered water source at home.
- MADE IN THE USA: Proudly made in the USA, APEX makes all of their products according to the National Safety Foundation certified water filter safety standards and requirements. By following the strict guidelines of the NSF and the FDA, we ensure that the water your family drinks is completely safe and healthy. Let APEX clean and protect your drinking water so you don’t have to worry about it.
The pH Regenerate comes with a modern design of stainless steel with double barrels on one base with one for the faucet and the other for the slim filter. Connect to your kitchen sink or bathroom tap for high pH alkaline filtered water. Yes, this filter also adds alkalinity back to your water after filtering for increased health and taste.
It adds in important minerals like zinc, magnesium, selenium, iron. Before adding nutrients back into the water, it first removes contaminants like mercury, copper, lead, chlorine, chloramine, and limescale. It also removes fluoride which is great for teeth but terrible for your health, especially for children. All this adds up to balanced water with a refreshing taste with no odor or free radicals.
The filter only requires changing once a year unless you have significantly bad water then the filter can go down to only a few months. Filter changes are simple as is installation to your sink with minor space taken from your kitchen. A great addition to any kitchen that wants quality water for drinking without extra work or filters for all the house water.
Though the set includes instructions, they aren’t clear nor does the company tell customers any information about the filters or what style filters they are like carbon-based or otherwise. This would be helpful information to anyone searching to remove specific contaminants from their water. Most customers though found no problems and enjoy refreshing water with little work.
- SUPER-MODERN DESIGN, MADE FROM STAINLESS STEEL - our pH REGENERATE faucet filter system looks amazing in your home, by your kitchen sink, or connected to your bathroom tap, delivering high pH filtered alkaline water.
- INCLUDES MULTI-STAGE PH007 ALKALINE IONIZED WATER FILTER (search B01N9ILIOR) - increasing water pH and -ORP, improving taste and smell, adding minerals including zinc, magnesium, selenium & iron, eliminating heavy metals like mercury, copper & lead, as well as chlorine, chloramine & limescale.
- HUGE FILTER CAPACITY - Each PH007 Filter (search B01N9ILIOR) lasts an incredibly massive 12 months (this is a guide, areas with very hard or contaminated water will reduce filter life by 1-3 months), delivering amazing value, and helping you to be more environmentally responsible by no longer buying one-time use bottles of water.
- SUPER EASY INSTALLATION IN MINUTES - only basic tools required, if any. Easy to install yourself, or with a handyman. FITS MOST FAUCETS, includes 5 of the most commonly used connectors, plus a universal connector. CONTACT US ANYTIME if you have questions or need help with installation, our customer happiness team is ready to help.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - WE OFFER A 100% SATISFACTION MONEY BACK GUARANTEE on our pH REGENERATE filtered water purifier, & the rest of our water filtration range, including our pitchers, bottles, countertop units, shower filters, and pH test kits - you can find them all in our Amazon store: https://www.amazon.com/invigorated_water.
With the iSpring Countertop Water Filter, you get a clear filter housing so you can inspect it visually and know when it’s time for a replacement. The whole set up attaches to your faucet for easy access to clean water. Again, no need to mess with your plumbing or your main water line, this is a simple to install additional faucet that attaches to the current faucet.
This system includes a standard 5-micron carbon block cartridge to remove 95% of chlorine, odors, sand, silt, sediment, and rust from your house water. It is effective on VOCs (volatile organic compounds) such as herbicides, pesticides, and industrial chemicals as well. Other filters offer filters with down to 2 or 1 micron but cost ten times the price and sometimes more. If you do not have terrible water, this should be sufficient for your needs.
Everything you need for the minimal setup comes in the box including your first 10 inch CTO cartridge, a plastic wrench, 2 faucet adapters, tubing, and an O-ring to prevent leaks. Overall, this is only a system to improve the taste and odor of your water. For those with terrible water, you may want to consider an under-the-sink six-stage filtration system, a reverse osmosis system, or a whole house filtration system.
Despite the O-ring, many customers had issues with this unit leaking and others had issues with tastes. Mind you, if you have heavily chlorinated water, this is not the best option for you. If you only need an entry-level filter, this is a great option.
- CLEAR HOUSING - See-through housing allows you to visually inspect the filter and know when it's time for a filter change
- ULTRA SAFE - Includes a standard 5 micron Carbon Block Cartridge that removes 95% of chlorine, odors, sand, silt, sediment and rust from your drinking water. Highly effective on volatile organic compounds (VOCs) like pesticides, herbicides, and industrial chemicals. Tested by independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI Standards.
- EASY INSTALLATION - No drilling required. Portable and easy to install. Sleek and efficient design offers a natural look on any counter. Perfect for small spaces.
- COMPLETE FILTRATION - A standard 10 inch CTO cartridge, a plastic wrench, two faucet adapters, tubing and O-ring included for a leak-free install
- TOP-NOTCH SUPPORT - 30 day money back guarantee, 1 year limited warranty and lifetime technical support from Atlanta, Georgia
The sleek Cuckoo Countertop Filter System looks more like a Nespresso coffee maker than a water filter. Its slim body takes up very little space on your counter and stores all the filters inside the black body. Even better, it is a tankless direct flow, 6-stage filtration system. Also, it’s heavy and rectangular so you can put it on any counter safely.
Filter 1 uses a pre-carbon filter with a life of 4 months, level 2 uses a nano positive filter with a 12-month life, and filter 3 uses a mineralizer filter with a 12-month life as well. Each filter comes with a different colored label with clear print to tell you which filter to put where. These filters work together to get rid of viruses, odor, lead, giardia cysts, germs, algae, fungi, organic substances, chlorine, heavy metals, and so much more. The filter even remineralizes the water with a special technology for an all-natural boost of magnesium and potassium.
The best part is the filters each come with an alarm to tell you when it’s time to change the filters. It even tells you the exact filter! Changing the filter is easy too as you don’t need to twist or turn just put it in and you are good with no hassle or leaks. The system comes with tubing to attach to your water supply and all the necessary components, which you can install in about 15 minutes. Now you have clean water at the push of a button.
Although the price is a little high, you are getting an exceptional water dispenser to clean your water and add in necessary nutrients. It measures 14.9″ x 5.3″ x 14.4” which takes up very little counter space and offers a lot in return. You can pick from two different installation methods to meet your family’s needs. This device does not provide cold water, only room temperature water.
- Powerful filtration W/ mineral infusion - Cuckoo three filter Carbon + Nano + mineralizer technology not only removes harmful bacteria – viruses – odor – Lead - giardia cysts – germs – algae – fungi – organic substances – chlorine – THM – VOCs – heavy metals and other contaminants but adds in essential minerals.
- Direct flow mineral infusion: cuckoo’s direct flow technology (no storage tank) ensures you are always drinking clean water. The mineralizer filter provides an all-natural mineral boost creating a mild alkaline water full of nutrients essential to life. Cuckoo’s mild alkaline water promotes a balanced pH with a mineral boost of: calcium, Magnesium and potassium.
- Filter replacement alarm with easy filter change: cuckoo’s filter replacement System informs you when each filter needs to be changed and specifies the exact filter to change. Cuckoo worked hard to develop the simplest filter change on the market – No twisting, turning, hassle or leaks.
- Elegant and compact design with touch control panel: cuckoo’s sleek, compact and slim design is cetlus certified and perfect for all living spaces. Designed to fit under any set of cabinets at only 14. 6" And 5. 25” wide you will barely notice the space This takes up.
- With simple DIY installation. Two types of install: 1) kitchen faucet - smart sink adapter (kit includes 3 fitting sizes) easily Fits the majority of kitchen faucets 2) under counter - simple connect T-Valve Adapter. Estimated 15 minutes to install and you never have to fill a water pitcher or buy plastic bottles again! #Go Green #earthday #do your part.
Another great option if you want a countertop water filter is the Reverse Osmosis set by PuricomUSA. This filter removes 99% of contaminants sitting on your kitchen counter. No installation necessary either to get great tasting water. It takes up a significant portion of your counter spaces, so if you have a small kitchen then you may need to consider a smaller option.
Remove up to 99% of contaminants including fluoride, chlorine, heavy metals plus many other unsettling items in common tap water. This reverse osmosis filter offers a 50% recovery rate and uses less power than a 24-watt lightbulb. This is a good option for someone in an apartment or condo who cannot attach a full system to their water but want clean H2O to drink.
Get a quiet machine with a long life. Cleaning is easy too as is changing filters. An LED indicator lets you know the status of the system whenever you want to know. Also, operate with a push of a button to fill your cup with clean odor-free water. With a built-in pump, you are guaranteed a high flow-rate too! The only real problem is this countertop model is one of the highest prices on the market.
The water filters through four layers including a sediment filter, two carbon filters, and a reverse osmosis filter for the purest water possible. Another filter adds back in a small amount of necessary nutrients such as calcium and magnesium after cleaning the water of all nasty elements. The only issue is a little leaking which is to be expected from defective models or anything with a water source. Make sure to fill the tank correctly to avoid this issue.
- Transforms ordinary tap water into clean, healthy, delicious and alkaline drinking water
- Modern, stylish, compact design will beautify any kitchen. Perfect for apartments, condos & RV's
- Easy to use: no assembly required, no installation, no leaky diverter valves or messy hoses
- BPA Free. Removes up to 99% of all contaminants: Fluoride, Chlorine, Heavy Metals & others
- 50% recovery rate highest among reverse osmosis filters. Uses less power than a lightbulb only 24W
For those with very little space to spare, the Home Master Filtration System is a great option similar to a couple of the options above. It takes up very little space and you don’t need to worry about installation either as it’s super easy. You can install it in just minutes and if you need, you can take it on the road if needed too.
This one costs a bit more but offers three stages of filtration to remove up to 93 percent of fluoride, chlorine, VOCs, TOCs, tastes, odors, and strange tastes. However, the filter does not remove calcium or magnesium, which is great as you need these in your diet. The advanced layered filter uses coconut shell carbon, compression disks, and activated alumina to channel water through while removing impurities.
For optimal filtration, change the filters every three months or every 500 gallons. You may want to put the date on your calendar so you don’t forget. Of course, this model includes a spigot to get clean water for drinking or cooking. Mind you, everyone has different water and some have worse water. If you have terrible water, you may need a stronger filtration system to remove larger amounts of contaminants.
- Highly pure water - three-stage filter removes up to 93 percent of fluoride, chlorine, and other chemicals
- Efficient, space-saving design - compact design takes up minimal space and easily fits on any sinktop
- Simple and easy installation takes only minutes
- Portable - compact unit travels well
For a lower price and a more modern design, try the Clean Water 4 Less Faucet Adapter. Its compact size takes up very little space and works great with those stuck with chlorinated water will enjoy this filter. Installation takes only a few minutes without tools to give you great tasting water on demand.
Here’s the best part, no replacement filters which saves you a ton of money. Granulated activated carbon removes up to 97 percent of chlorine, sediments, VOCs, odor, and bad tastes from your tap water. This allows you to save money on over 10,000 gallons of bottled waters.
This is a perfect option for those with mild water issues who just want clean water for drinking, making drinks, or cooking food. You can also use this water for plants as it doesn’t use reverse osmosis, so it maintains some minerals plants need to thrive. It filters with five different stages including a depth pre-filter, a GAC activated filter, a depth post-filter, and a final micron filter which gives you a great flow rate too.
Finally, a few customers complained about the low quality, but then again the low price can indicate its not on par with its many expensive counterparts. Again, this filter works for minor water issues, not heavy-duty issues. Ensure you have a standard faucet or this product will not fit.
- No Replacement Filters! Saves Money! Easy to install and comes with instructions and pre-filter included!
- Granulated Activated Carbon - 97% Chlorine reduction, effectively filters sediment, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), taste and odor from water.
- Stylish diverter valve attaches right to most standard faucets, NO TOOLS NECESSARY!
- 10,000 Gallons of Fresh Water! No more lugging cases or bottles of water!
If fluoride is your main reason for wanting a countertop filter, try the Santevia Gravity Water System. The unique round shape and design almost looks like a water tank you would see at a doctor’s office. It comes with two barrels, one for adding water, and one for it to drain and filter into.
Beyond fluoride, the system also filters out chlorine, micro-plastics, bacteria, and parasites. It also adds back in minerals you need to alkalize your water and give you extra health benefits. The system filters down to 0.3 microns to eliminate, even more, especially the micro-plastics you definitely don’t want to drink.
The system includes a base, a clean water tank, a filter, and a tap water tank along with a spigot to easily fill up a cup. This filter improves the taste and odor of your water. Three filtration methods work together to remove contaminants including a ceramic pre-filter to reduce rust, sediments, bacteria, and parasites. Layer two reduces all the other items you don’t want like chlorine, herbicides, drugs, chemicals, metals, and more. Stage three includes mineral stones (porous maifan) to oxygenate water, add in minerals, and restore alkalinity. Finally, the system includes some magnets to energize water for optimal absorption.
A small percent of customers found this filter completely ineffective as they tested the water and found no reduction in contaminants. However, if the tests check for completely pure water, any remineralized water will negatively impact the test. Finally, some complained the water took forever to filter and others claimed it broke in just a few minutes.
- Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site. These statements made in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products offered are not intended to diagnose, treat
While the Royal Berkey Water Filter System is made to be a portable water filtration system, this filter tank can easily sit on your counter. Trust me though, you do not want to take this hiking as it’s on the large size. It holds 3.25 gallons of water, which is great for families who drink a lot of water and you can take it with you when you go camping too.
The portable container comes apart into two sections with a filter inside. On the bottom find a convenient pour spout for draining the water right into your drinking cup or bottle. This set comes with two filters and you can add up to 4 to increase the flow rate of the system.
It measures 23 inches tall and 9 inches in diameter which is enough space for water for 2-4 people a day. The powerful purification system purifies and filters water by removing over 99% of viruses, pathogenic bacteria, protozoa, and trihalomethanes. It doesn’t stop there as it also removes inorganic minerals, heavy metals, and even pharmaceutical drugs.
Each filter works for 6,000 gallons of water before you need to change. This equals out to about 2 cents cost per gallon. Hello, affordable health! As the system does not require electricity, tools, or plumbing to operate. The system requires cleaning which can frustrate out on a campsite and annoying based on the high price, but at home, cleaning is much easier.
- 3.25 GALLON CAPACITY- The portable Royal Berkey Purification System effortlessly purifies water for about 2-4 people each day. Add additional Black Berkey Purification Elements (the Royal Berkey System can hold a maximum of 4) to increase the flow rate. The system is just 23” tall and 9” in diameter.
- POWERFUL PURIFICATION- Berkey systems equipped with Black Berkey Purification Elements purify water—not just filter it—by removing greater than 99.999% of viruses and greater than 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa (such as giardia and cryptosporidium), trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals (including arsenic, lead, mercury, chromium), pharmaceutical drugs (including caffeine, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Progesterone, Triclosan),
- ECONOMICAL, LONG-LASTING- A pair of Black Berkey Purification Elements lasts for up to 6,000 gallons before needing replacement. Each additional pair of elements (sold separately) adds an additional 6,000 gallons of purification power to your system. Black Berkey Purification Elements average just 2 cents per gallon of purified water.
- INDEPENDENT TESTING- Berkey by NMCL uses several independent third-party labs to test a broad range of potential contaminants and conducts Extreme Testing for lead and PFCs in order to show the effectiveness of our Black Berkey Purification Elements.
- DRINK CONFIDENTLY VIRTUALLY ANYWHERE- No electricity, tools or plumbing required. Travel the world, prepare for emergencies, and take control of your family’s everyday drinking water with your Berkey gravity-fed water filtration system with Black Berkey purification elements. Enjoy delicious, nourishing water from the leader in gravity-fed water solutions.
While the last two models were tankless, the Aqua Tru Countertop System uses a tank to allow the water through to the filter. As a matter of fact, this is a stand-alone system you don’t need to connect to anything. That means no tools, no messing with your faucet, or your plumbing under the sink, or even your house’s main water line. Just clean water when you need it close by.
The system uses 4 steps including reverse osmosis to filter the water. Stage one uses a mechanical pre-filter while stage two uses a reverse osmosis pre-filter followed by the reverse osmosis membrane in stage three. Finally, stage four uses an activated carbon filter to remove the rest of the water. These stages work to remove lead, chromium, copper, fluoride, radium, chlorine and over 1000 more contaminants lurking in your tap water.
A unique design allows you to cleverly hide the three filters (one of them has two stages) in a clever compartment. On the other side is the tank for adding in tap water and the tank for holding clean water. The clean water tank comes out completely to put in your fridge for cold clean water. A blue button on the handle lets you press to release water for less mess and work for your cup of water.
In this video a doctor explains why water filters are important, and demonstrates the Aqua Tru:
No more bottles of water or slow trickling filter in your fridge. Standard filters that go in the ridge remove very little and manly change the taste and color of the water without removing many chemicals or contaminants which is why this is the best of both worlds. Change the filters in second with easy to read, colored labels.
Finally, the system costs a decent amount of money and it takes up a lot of space on your counter though they made the set as slim as possible. It does not drain large amounts of water into the fridge tank which means you need to fill and filter your water often. Also, it does not remineralize your water which means you aren’t getting trace nutrients and this does not offer a space to re-add the minerals to yours or your children’s drinking water. Many customers found this filter died after only a couple of months of use. Make sure you keep your receipt if you choose this unique filter.
- IS YOUR WATER SAFE TO DRINK? Studies continue to pour in regarding Toxins, Hormones, Microplastics, Cancer-linked Carcinogens and other contaminants discovered in our Tap Water, Filtered Water…and yes, even Bottled Water. Arsenic, lead, chromium, and drug residues are commonly found in municipal drinking water. AQUA TRU ultra pure reverse osmosis water filter system is CERTIFIED to remove such contaminants and many more!
- CERTIFIED to NSF Standards by IAMPO to remove 15X more contaminants than the leading pitcher filters --- removing such poisons as Lead 99.1%, Chromium 97.2%, Copper 95.2%, Fluoride 93.5%, Radium 96.4%, and Chlorine 96.6% (to name a few). In fact, its designed to remove 1000's of pollutants that could be lurking in your tap water. Taste the Difference!
- NO PLUMBING OR INSTALLATION required - takes less than 3 minutes to set up. AquaTru’s Trusted & warranted RO countertop system COSTS CONSIDERABLY LESS than fully installed under-the-counter RO systems, while at the same time, delivering often Cleaner, Purer, and Better Tasting Water. Why waste money & landfills on bottled water (93% recently found to contain micro-plastics). Always make sure that the area where the tank meets the base is completely dry before placing the tank back onto the unit
- QUICK CHANGE TWIST AND SEAL FILTERS come included with your first AQUA TRU system, and last from 6 months to 2 years. SLEEK COMPACT DESIGN - 14'' Tall x 14'' Deep x 12'' Wide - Purifies 1 gallon of tap water into bottle-quality water in 12-15 minutes.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Many popular water filters and water purifier systems claim to turn dirty water ‘pure’, but unfortunately, leave numerous serious chemicals and contaminants behind. With AQUA TRU, you can feel confident that you are getting ULTRA-PURE WATER from a reverse osmosis system that has undergone extensive analysis, tests and certifications.
Questions About Counter Top Water Filtration Systems
I don’t have a lot of counter space, can I still use one of these filters?
Absolutely! Some of these filters take up less space than a glass cup and they sit right by your sink so they are out of the way and where you normally go for a drink of water.
Who are countertop filters best for?
People who live in spaces they cannot modify would benefit best from one of these filters. If you live in an apartment, a condo, a cabin in the woods for the summer, or any other location where you are not allowed to install a bigger system use a countertop system. Also, if you need clean water now but don’t want to mess with your plumbing or need to wait until you can afford another system, these are the right option for you.
Doesn’t a water pitcher for the fridge do the same thing without taking up counter space?
No. A fridge pitcher only clears out a few contaminants and many focuses on cleaning up the taste, odor, and cloudiness of water. If you want to remove important impurities, you need a water filter with more power than you can get from a water pitcher. Also, these filters offer a better flow rate and doesn’t require filling up a container.
Wrapping Up Counter Top Water Filtration Systems
The best counter top water filtration system available on the market is the Cuckoo CP-MN031BK Direct Flow Countertop Water System as it takes up very little space in your kitchen, looks attractive, provides clean water at the push of a button, offers multiple layers of filtration, and still adds minerals you need back into your water. Though the price is a little high, it offers the best value and the right amount of options and technology to give you the best water without messing with the plumbing!
Last Updated on