The Top 10 Electric Tea Kettles Reviewed
If you are an avid coffee, hot chocolate or tea drinker, your home should have an electric teakettle. These devices usually have an automatic shut off and boil dry protection, which make them safer to use than traditional teakettles. These built-in conveniences take the guesswork, frustration and danger out of creating your favorite beverage. You can use electric kettles for quick meals like oatmeal or ramen noodles, too.
The list of recommendations below will help you make an informed decision if the idea of purchasing an electric teakettle seems daunting.
Brewing The Perfect Cup
Creating the perfect cup of tea takes time, effort and a particular amount of each ingredient. A flawless cup of tea can be measured by the amount of tea used, temperature, steep time and what is added to your cup (milk or sugar). One teaspoon and one cup of water per person you are serving creates the finest tasting tea.
Best Electric Tea Kettles
This kettle boils water faster than any microwave with its 1500-watt heating element. Thanks to its auto shutoff and boil-dry protection mechanisms, you do not need be close buy to shut it off once it comes to a boil. Its cord-free design and drip-free spout make pouring simple and safe.
- Cord-free serving
- Auto shutoff with boil-dry protection
- Concealed heating element
- Water-level window
- 1500 Watts boils water quickly
The Chef’s Choice electric kettle has a level gauge in the handle, and a blue light indicator that illuminates when it is turned on. Its cord stores in the base and will adjust to whatever desired length is needed. It also has an automatic timer and boil dry protection.
- Concealed heating element is never in contact with water, so there is no buildup of objectionable mineral deposits
- Convenient water level gauge built into the handle; illuminated light on/off switch
- Automatically shuts off when water boils with boil dry shutoff protection
- 360-degree cordless kettle lifts from the corded base for easy filling, pouring and serving
- Cord stores neatly in the base, and adjusts to desired length
If you don’t mind spending a bit more money, the Cuisinart PerfecTemp is an excellent choice. Its six settings, located on the handle, allow you to pick the perfect temperature for your tea. This kettle will also keep warm for approximately 30 minutes, and it has an easy-to-read water window along the side. The PerfecTemp has boil-dry protection and auto safety shutoff.
- 1500-Watt stainless-steel cordless electric kettle with 1-2/3-liter capacity and concealed heating element. Dimensions: 8.8"L x 9.75"W x 6.1"H. Bpa free
- 6 preset heat settings for steeping tea at just the right temperature; blue LED indicator lights
- 30-Minute keep Warm; 2-minute memory function; 360-degree swivel power base for cordless convenience
- Blue backlit water window; removable/washable scale filter; boil-dry protection with auto safety shutoff
- Concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup
This cordless electric kettle has a concealed heating element, and automatic shut-off with boil-dry protection, too. Its blue LED light indicates when your water has reached a boil, and the level gauge is simple and easy to read. The Ovente kettle also comes in eight colors to match every kitchen.
- COMBINING STYLE & DURABILITY - Taking the #1 spot from our best-selling products, the Ovente KG83 Kettle Series is loved by our customers across the USA for its aesthetics, durability, and functionality. It has a halo of blue LED lights that illuminate the pot when it's in use, and it's made with heat-tempered, stain-resistant borosilicate glass and stainless steel to last long
- FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT FAST - Need a quick sip of coffee before you head to work? This electric kettle operates on 1100W (120V) and boils a full 1.5L pot of water in 7 minutes or less! It is 50% more efficient than traditional stovetops in reducing your daily electricity use
- ECO-FRIENDLY - Save yourself from the health-associated risks of ingesting harmful chemicals that come from a kettle's loose BPA particles. This fast-heating cordless boiler is BPA-free, and its heating element is concealed. You'll be sure that what you'll get is a clean drinking water that's safe for you and your kids
- FIRE-SAFE - This one is equipped with auto shut-off feature and boil-dry protection technology: It shuts off on its own when the pot has reached its boiling temperature and switches off the heating element when there is no water in the kettle
- LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY - All Ovente kettles have a two- (2) year warranty period from the date of purchase from an authorized retailer. This warranty only covers defects in workmanship and materials. Please note that you have to provide proof of purchase to request for repair or replacement
Heating quickly is a cinch with the T-Fal’s concealed heating element that produces 1,750 watts of power. The kettle also has a variable temperature control and a 360-degree rotating base.
- 1-liter electric travel kettle with variable temperature control for perfect brewing
- Cordless design for hassle-free pouring; convenient 360-degree swivel base
- Concealed heating element and fast heating system for quickly boiling water
- Locking lid; automatic shut-off for safety; water-level window; removable anti-scale filter
- Matte black housing with sleek, modern profile; 1-year limited warranty
The Proctor Silex looks a lot like the standard, white tea pitcher. It has a detachable cord, automatic shutoff, and boil-dry protection. It is standard, but effective and that reflects in the price.
- Detachable cord for easy pouring
- Faster than a microwave; safer than a stovetop kettle
- Automatic shutoff
- Dual water windows
- Boil-dry protection
One of the most basic of the group, the Presto kettle, has a built in whistle that indicates when it has reached a boil. It has a no-drip spout that makes pouring easy and safe. It, too, has shut off safety function to prevent boiling dry.
- Built-in whistle signals when water is boiling
- Boils a quart of water even faster than a microwave
- Large no-drip spout makes filling and pouring easy
- Thermostat automatically shuts off if boils dry
- Flip-up stainless steel lid makes filling easy and directs steam away while pouring
This kettle, which looks like you can rub it and make a wish, is made of brushed stainless steel and has a gooseneck spout. The spout makes precise pouring simple and drip-free. It sits atop its visible heating element and has an auto shutoff.
- Adjustable in one degree increments 140°-212°F
- 1000 watts for quick heating
- Real-time temperature display
- Heat and hold at desired temperature for up to 60 minutes
- Count-up timer makes it easy to keep track of the brewing process
The Breville kettle is brushed stainless steel. This kettle has a ready bell, on and off switch, automatic shut-off and boil-dry protection. It also has an easy to read water level indicator, located on the side near the handle.
- 1500-watt cordless kettle rapidly boils up to 1-2/3 liters of water
- Cushion-controlled lid; water-level indicator; removable scale filter
- Easy "on/off" switch; "ready" bell; auto shut-off; boil-dry protection.Kettle base:360 degree multi directional base with cord storage wrap
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; soft-grip handle; cord storage
- Measures 8-3/4 by 6 by 9 inches; 1-year limited warranty
10. Melitta Kettle
Melitta’s large spout and cord-free features make pouring and serving simple. The push-button lid makes filling the kettle virtually hands free. The kettle’s stainless steel outside has dual water windows that illuminate for viewing ease.
- Push-button lid opens gently every time for easy filling
- Dual water windows illuminate for easy viewing
- Cord-free serving
- Extra-large spout with removable mesh filter
- Premium stainless steel
Whether you are making ramen for the kiddies, a cup of joe for yourself or a bit of tea for an uppity neighbor, electric kettles are a safer and easier alternative to traditional brewing. Filling it up, plugging it in and letting your new kettle do the rest of the work for you.