The Top 7 Espresso Machines Under $200 Reviewed
It used to be that you could only get a good cup of espresso in Europe or in a fancy coffee shop. Now you can get a good espresso machine for your very own home. There is a wide range of brands and an even wider range of prices. You can buy an inexpensive model that does a pretty good job of making the espresso, but it may be somewhat lackluster in making the foaming crema. If you’re really just wanting the taste of the espresso, you can skip the cost of a barista quality machine and get a good quality non-pump espresso machine.
Best Espresso Machines Under $200
This machine has 15 bars of professional pressure to brew the perfect cup of espresso every time. It has a second tier drip tray so you can use a larger cup. The water tank holds 37 ounces and is removable. Make a single or double espresso, cappuccino or lattes. This machine steams and froths milk just like your favorite coffee house. The machine is black with stainless steel accents.
- 15 bar professional pressure assures quality results every time. Input power 1100 watts
- Second tier drip tray to accommodate larger cups. Convenient Filter Storage: The machine has convenient storage for your filters
- Removable 37 ounce water tank.Maximun cup height -3.5 - 5 inches.Always use 2% milk at refrigerator temperature
- Self priming operation for minimum start up preparation. Stainless Steel boiler system. Compatible with Water Filters (not included)
- Kindly review the user manual under product details for set up and usage related guidance and instructional video.The machine is equipped with double wall filters for high quality crema every time
This is a barista quality machine with a 15 pressure pump. Mr. Coffee integrated a milk container that you can use to froth your milk and store it in the refrigerator. The milk receptacle pops out for easy cleaning. The water tray holds up to 55 ounces of water so you can make several delicious coffees before needing to make more. It has an easy touch button panel. The machine includes a 10 drink recipe booklet.
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 bar pump system brews rich tasting espresso coffee
- Trouble free automatic milk frother removes the guesswork
- One touch control panel for drink selections
- Easy fill, removable water and milk reservoirs
This is a small machine with big 19 pressure pump. It’s lightweight, has an ergonomic handle, and won’t take up too much space on your kitchen counter. One of the features of this machine is that it only takes Nespresso coffee capsules. It’s their way of making sure that you are using the finest coffees to make quality espresso. You can join the espresso club to get technical support and to buy more coffee. This machine comes in decorator colors of black, white, silver, blue, red, and titan.
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules; For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
- Compact brewing unit technology; Fast preheating time: 25 seconds; 19 Bar high pressure pump
- 2 Programmable buttons for Espresso and lungo preparation
- Removable 24 ounce water tank; Folding cup tray accommodates tall recipe glasses; Used capsule container holds 9-11 used capsules
- Energy efficient; A Class energy rating; Automatic power off after 9 minutes of inactivity
It couldn’t be easier to use this VonShef Espresso Maker. With professional 15 pump pressure, it brews one or two cups of espresso. It has a stainless steel filter and a transparent water tank. Froth crema to perfection and keep your beverage warm on the warming tray that is included. Reduce risk of steam burns because of the built-in overheat and overpressure protection. The aluminum boiler makes this a long-lasting machine.
- 1050W and 15 bar mean powerful pressure for a deliciously rich taste with coffee grounds
- Detachable transparent water tank allows you to fill with just the right amount of water
- Warming plate keeps your cup warm whilst you're waiting for your drink
- High pressure frothing function allows you to not only make espresso but other hot drinks such as hot chocolate and cappccino
- Detachable drip tray for ease of cleaning. Overheat and over pressure protection for maximum safety
This machine makes espresso on one side and froths milk on the other side. With 15 bars of pressure, it brews espresso in under a minute. The frother has three settings for cappuccino, latte, and cold froth. It has an automatic on and off switch and shuts off automatically to save energy. Pop in your favorite Keurig coffee pod and get barista quality coffee a minute later.
- Automatic On/Off Function; Energy-Saving Mode
- 15 bars of pressure; Brews under 1 minute
- Convenient design allows you to brew espresso on one side and froth milk on the other side
- Three frothing modes: Cappuccino, Latte, and Cold Froth
- Two espresso size options: Short (1.4 oz.) and Lungo (2.8 oz.)
Jura makes this espresso machine with advanced boiler technology to maintain water at the perfect temperature for great tasting espresso every time. It’s a home machine with 15 bar pump pressure that makes rich froth to top off the delicious brewed espresso. It has a 40 ounce removable water tank, so you can make several beverages before re-brewing. This machine is great for home use and makes a great gift at this price.
- Advanced boiler maintains a reservoir of hot water at the perfect temperature for faster and more consistent results
- State-of-the-art boiler increases brewing pressure and temperature stability
- 15 bar pump provides optimal pressure for rich cream, the thin layer of foam that is the mark of a perfectly brewed espresso
- High pressure frothing for thick, rich cappuccinos and other coffee specialties
- 40-oz; removable water tank, kindly refer the user manual given below for troubleshooting steps
Breville makes this stainless steel espresso machine with a 15 bar Thermo-Block pump. It has a dual-wall filter system, froth enhancer, cup warming plate, and frothing jug. The water tank is transparent and it has a removable drip tray for easy cleaning. Use the enclosed espresso cups and saucers and enjoy a cup right after purchase.
- Stainless-steel espresso machine with 15-bar thermoblock pump
- Dual-wall filter system for excellent crema; froth enhancer, cup-warming plate
- Accesories: Stainless steel frothing pitcher Tamping tool/measuring spoon/cleaning tool
- Removable drip tray and grid; Frothing jug included
- Measures 9 x 9 x 12 inches; 1-year limited warranty
There is no longer a reason to pay for high-priced espressos, lattes, and cappuccinos at trendy baristas. Espresso machines have brought professional 15 bar pump pressure right into your kitchen for under $200. Barista quality machines are affordable for everyone and they make awesome gifts too. It’s a great excuse to invite your friends over for coffee and dessert to experiment with different coffee recipes right in the comfort of your very own kitchen. You won’t have to worry about ending your gathering when the barista closes up for the night.
Non-Pump vs. Pump Espresso Machines
A non-pump espresso machine is a good investment for someone who likes an occasional cup of espresso. Non-pump espresso machines also make good gifts for people who enjoy strong coffee. The machine boils water in a sealed chamber and then forces it through the espresso grinds. You can expect about 4 cups of espresso per brew. This type of machine needs to cool down between brews. If not used properly, it can cause burns. Non-pump types don’t get hot enough to make the true crema for the top of the espresso.
A pump espresso machine uses a Thermo-Block radiator system to heat water. The Thermo-Block system heats the water and gives you the ability to separate the temperatures for the hot water and steam. Water should be about 200 degrees and the temperature should be about 275 degrees for steam. There is no need to wait for a pump machine to cool down between brew cycles, so you can enjoy cup after cup of delicious espresso.
Pump espresso machines cost more, often putting them over the $200 price range. Non-pump machines cost far less than pump machines. Some brands sell for well below $100, so it’s pretty easy to find a model that you like.
How To Operate An Espresso Machine
Espresso makers can be complicated. To help you figure out how to use them, watch this video: