The Top 9 Food Processors Reviewed
If you’re a kitchen and cooking connoisseur, a food processor is not a new concept. These handy kitchen tools can perform a multitude of different tasks like mincing meat, grinding nuts, creating salsa, making bread or cookie crumbles and shredding cheese. Bottom-line, a food processor will simplify all the chopping, cutting and shredding chores that make your arms sore.
When you have decided your arms have completed all the shredding, chopping, dicing, cutting, mincing and kneading than they can stand, you’ll be in the market for a great food processor. Fortunately, a list of the ten best food processors in 2019 is included below.
Best Food Processors
This 14-cup food processor, which can be purchased at nine and seven cups, has a 720-watt capability and has on, off and pulse buttons. It has an extra large feed tube and stainless slicing, shredding and chopping blades. It comes with a recipe book and most parts are dishwasher safe.
- Includes stainless-steel slicing disc, shredding disc, and new chopping blade
- 720-watt large-capacity food processor with intuitive "on" and "off/pulse" buttons
- 14-cup Lexan work bowl; extra-large feed tube; small and large pushers
- Spatula, instruction/recipe booklet; dishwasher-safe parts
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards. Detachable disc stem.MC Cubic Feet: 1.14
This processor has a scraper attachment that allows you to mix effortlessly without lifting the lid and scraping the sides with a spatula. This attachment works if the device is on or off. The ten-cup tool has two speeds and comes with discs for chopping, slicing and shredding. It offers 450 watts of power and is mostly dishwasher safe.
- BOWL SCRAPER ATTACHMENT: Special attachment scrapes the sides of the bowl to keep ingredients close to the blades for more even results and to save you time when chopping or pureeing - no need to stop and remove the lid to use a spatula
- 10 CUP CAPACITY: The generous 10 cup bowl can handle large volumes of foods without having to stop to empty it
- LARGE FEED CHUTE: Can fit large foods like a whole block of cheese for quick, easy processing and less prep time
- VERSATILITY OF A FOOD PROCESSOR, FOOD CHOPPER AND VEGETABLE CHOPPER: Reversible stainless steel disc slices and shreds, while the stainless steel s blade chops, mixes and purees
- 2 SPEEDS PLUS PULSE AND 450 WATTS OF POWER: Food processor's low and high speeds plus pulse gives you the control you need for a variety of recipes
The Breville processor has a hefty price tag. However, when you purchase the processor you will also receive five discs and blades, BPA-free processing bowls, 16 large cups, a mini bowl and an accessory storage box. The accessory box can be stored on its side or upright to save kitchen cabinet space. It has a 5.5-inch feed chute, an LCD screen and it comes in steel, black or maroon.
- Comes with 5 multi function discs and 3 blades out of the box
- 5.5 inch super wide feed chute reduces the need to pre cut most fruits and vegetables
- Includes 2 BPA free processing bowls: 16 cup (3.8 L) large bowl; 2.5 cup (600 milliliter) small processing bowl
- LCD display displays count up and count down auto timer. Voltage 110 120 Volts
- Accessory storage box can be stored horizontally or vertically based on storage space.Stainless Steel Blades.Plastic Spatula
The Black & Decker Processer has a stainless disc for chopping, and a reversible disc for slicing and shredding. The 450-watt tool has an eight-cup capacity and a continuous-flow feed chute. This tool also has suction-cup feet and dishwasher-safe parts.
- Stainless Steel Chopping Blade, Slicer, Shredder
- 8-Cup Work Bowl - Plent of room to work with
- Food Chute with Pusher - Helps guide food towards the slicing/shredding disk while the processor is going, for consistent results
- Dishwasher-Safe Removable Parts
- Safety Interlocking System - Blades operate only when the lid is securely attached to the bowl
The KitchenAid Food Processor attaches to a power hub and is capable of dicing uniform slices. This tool comes with a dicing kit and storage case, as well as julienne, slicing and shredding discs.
- Attaches to the power hub
- Wide feed tube accommodates various sizes of food for less prep work
- ExactSlice System gives you precise slicing and accuracy for all kinds of foods
- Compatible with any KitchenAid stand mixer
- Includes dicing kit and storage case
A 600-watt motor controls variable speed settings, and each bowl seals to prevent leakage. It comes with four separate discs and will hold nine cups of ingredients.
- Electronically controlled with variable speed
- Powerful 600 watt motors for Processing
- Sealed bowls to prevent leakage
- You are always in complete control of your food preparation
- 110V For USA use only
This two-for-one tool comes with both a food processor and 40-ounce blender. Also included with the DeLonghi processor is a serrated chopping blade, dough tool, and one thick and one thin shredding and slicing disc. The systems are interlocking for safety, and the processor has two speeds and pulses.
- Double function food processor also includes a 40-ounce blender attachment
- Multi-task with one product with serrated stainless steel chopping blade, dough tool, stainless steel thick slice/shred disc, stainless steel fine slice/shred disc
- Conveniently adjusts rotation and power to accommodate the different speeds needed for both food processor and blender with the patented dual drive system
- Safely stops motor when both lid and base are not locked in place with interlocking safety system
- Adjust food processor to accommodate different recipes with 2 speeds and pulse
Much smaller than its counterparts, the Proctor Silex has a one and a half sized work bowl. It has a stainless processing blade that is removable, and all the parts are dishwasher safe.
- 1.5 cup capacity
- Easy to clean with dishwasher safe bowl, lid and blade
- Pulse speed provides stop/start Control for chopping, mincing and pureeing
- Powerful 300 watt motor
- Performance-tested for durability and reliability
This Magic Bullet set includes 17 pieces that chop, whip and blend. Each of the cups, mugs and lids are microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe.
- 17-piece high-speed mixing system chops, whips, blends, and more. Cups are made out of high-impact plastic
- Includes power base, 2 blades, 2 cups, 4 mugs, 4 colored comfort lip rings, 2 sealed lids, 2 vented lids, and recipe book
- Durable see-through construction; press down for results in 10 seconds or less
- Microwave- and freezer-safe cups and mugs; dishwasher-safe parts
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
The Ninja has interchangeable power pods, which means you can purchase the 400, 450, express or professional watt options and switch them out as desired (they each vary in price). It comes with two jars, lids and quad blade technology that creates uniform cutting.
- Frozen blending and perfect, even chopping
- 2 conveniently sized jars. EASY TO USE : Ergonomic operation with one touch pulsing creates an easy to use and safe product
- Anti-spill splash guard, easy-flip pour spout, and no-slip base. 2-cup Processor minces, dices, chops, blends and purees
- Do NOT immerse the power head into water, or any other liquid. Use a damp sponge to wipe clean. Containers, splash guards, blades and storage lids are all dishwasher-safe. It is recommended to place the blades, splash guards and storage lids on top rack of dishwasher. Use extreme caution when cleaning, and handling the blades. Always store blades in containers, or safe area. If the motor doesn't start, check that the plug is securely inserted into the electrical outlet. Check that the Bowl Splash Guard and Power Pod are securely in place
- Includes: 400 Watt Power Pod, 48 oz. Pitcher, Stacked Blade Assembly, Pitcher Splash Guard, 16 oz. Chopper Bowl, Chopping Blade Assembly, Chopper Splash Guard
If simplified kitchen chopping, dicing, mincing, blending, shredding or slicing is what you seek, a food processor is a workhorse you must add to your kitchen’s arsenal of tools.
How To Clean A Food Processor
If you decide a food processor is the way to go, cleaning it will inevitably be its single drawback. Because it has a million little crannies and crevices, getting the tough to reach spots can sometimes be a huge chore. However, Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond as well as multiple other stores that carry household supplies, carry a variety of water bottle clean sets. These kits have several little wands that are small enough to fit in any food processor crack.
Here is a helpful video that demonstrates how to clean a food processor: