The Top 10 Portable Induction Cooktops Reviewed
Induction cooktops offer an energy-efficient way to cook as it uses an electromagnet to heat iron or steel cookware. These cooktops heat fast than you expect, and you will have to learn to control heat levels quickly. Portable induction cooktops give you the option to move it where you need it any time you want or even have extra cooking options for large parties.
Another advantage of induction is it cooks food faster and loses less heat in the process when compared to gas or electric. It’s also an excellent option for people living in tiny homes as they come in portable options fit in the smallest of spaces. We did intensive research and found the best options while also providing all the information you will need to pick and use a portable inductive cooktop.
Best Portable Induction Cooktops
These are our picks for the best portable induction cooktops:
Heat up your food 40% faster with the Portable Induction Cooktop by Tibek. It has ten heat settings to allow you to get precision and flexible cooking on command. As induction heating works with the cookware, it only heats the diameter of the pan for less heat loss for faster cooking.
No heat coils, no open flames, you just get safe cooking on your pan only. Although, it comes with a lock feature in case your kids grab the right pan and turn on the unit. The single cooktop means this is portable and ready to go with you. It can cook anything you need and boil water in no time at all.
It has a smooth glass surface and easy to read digital display and a timer with up to 180-minute capability. The burner can put out 1800W of power and doesn’t have many spots for dirty or food to collect meaning you get an easy to clean cooktop. Also, the cooktop has a double exhaust for accelerated cooling with a fan on the bottom and on the back, which also helps to reduce noise.
Last of all, the cooktop measures 13.2 x 11.02 x 2.5 inches and weighs 7.6 pounds. It has six buttons lock, timer, heat down, heat up, select, and the on/off button. It does require access to electricity as it plugs in to turn on. Find out why this is the top-rated induction cooktop today!
- 【HEAT-UP IN SECONDS】Compared with the old version takes minutes to heat up, TIBEK burners take only a few seconds to heat up. Powered by 120V and 1800-Watts. Conveniently cook a variety of foods such as warm sauces, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, soup, pasta, vegetables and so much more.
- 【WORKS WITH ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE】Compatible with pots and pans with a magnetic bottom, maximum size of 10 inches. Works with CAST IRON, ENAMELED IRON, STAINLESS STEEL and heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss. All TIBEK products are covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States.
- 【HIGH ENERGY EFFICIENCY】 Choose from 20 preset power levels (200W to 1800W) and 15preset temperature level settings (140°F to 460°F). 1000ml of water can be boiled less than 3 minutes. With an 85% ,3 times faster than the traditional hot plate and save more electricity bill.
- 【SMART DIGITAL LCD SENOR 】Touch control panel: child safety lock keeps the cooking and timer settings from being accidentally changed once they have been set; 3 settings to select for different cooking needs ; 180 minutes longer timer
- 【100% SATISFACTION】Although induction itself is a noiseless process, there may be high pitched sounds from the cookware due to multiple layers of metals sandwiched together. Please allow the induction cooker to cool down before cleaning. If you have any questions with our product, please feel free to contact our customer service. We will address your concern to the best.
The Cusimax Induction Cooktop is a very close second with extremely high reviews and wonderful benefits. The only main difference between this and the cooktop above is this only has nine heat settings instead of ten. It provides 1800 watts of high power for uniform heating in conjunction with your cookware.
The main specs are 120V, 60Hz, a temperature range of 140F to 464F, meaning it can get as hot as your oven! It measures 14.1 x 11.4 x 2.8 inches with a weight of 4.90 pounds. It also has a timer of 1 to 180 minutes. It takes up very little counter space but still provides even cooking as it heats the pan without heating itself.
You also get an easy-to-use control panel with six buttons and an LED display. The buttons include maximum temperature, minimum temperature, up, down, select, and power. It also has a built-in cooling fan and power plug. You can lock the cooktop, and it will automatically shut-off after 120 minutes, although it cannot work without the correct cookware. This is the perfect addition to your home, RV, or tiny home.
- 【1800W-9 Power Level】Electromagnetic coils are distributed evenly allowing the induction cooktop to be heated uniformly under 1800W of high power.9 power Leval and temperature range 140℉ to 464℉, can meet different cooking needs: gentle fire, frying, boiling, charring, steam, slow boiling. Cusimax Countertop Burner delivers most of the heat to the pot, saving time and money!
- 【Safety-Rest Assured】Digital sensor touch control panel, touch the panel slightly to adjust temperature and power.The induction burner has child safety lock and timer for the maximum in kids safety.No fire and no gas pull out, much safer than a gas stove!
- 【Universal Fit Induction Cooker】The electric burner is suitable for stainless steel, cast iron, enameled iron, stainless steel and flat bottomed skillets which diameter is from 4.72”to 10.2" (12-26cm). If the cookware is not detected or use improper cookware, the induction cooker will automatically shut down the device after 60 seconds.
- 【Wide Applications-Easily Clean】The compact and lightweight induction hot plate maximizes your kitchen space. Easy storage Space saving size makes it perfect for dorm rooms, boats, RVs, or motor homes where space is limited. Premium glass surface ensures excellent wear resistance and easy cleaning after use.
- 【18-Month-Replacement】If you have any problems about the induction cooktop, please feel free to contact us. All CUSIMAX products are covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States and has 18-Monthy-Replacement
The competitively priced Induction Cooktop by Sukio is not only portable but easy to clean and use. At first glance, it offers 1800 watts of power, a timer, safety lock, sensor touch, and nine levels of power. Find out why this is the third top choice to cook your food on the go with the features you need. The main difference besides the brand is this one has only eight power levels meaning you cannot customize your temperature quite as much as the first two options.
However, Sukio’s cooktop offers the same amount of power as the other options and will definitely meet most needs with slightly less adjustability. It also has the same amount of buttons as the other two, including a dedicated lock button, timer, up, down, select, and a power button. It also has an easy read LED screen, and the timer can go up to 180 minutes.
Cleaning this seamless unit is insanely easy with a seamless design and built-in flat buttons. Also, one of the main advantages and why this is ranked third is this model has two fans on the bottom to increase the device’s life. It can also heat from 140 F up to 460 F in 40 F increments. Use this pan to fry, boil, sauté, steam, sear, grill, or even slow cook without overheating or over smelling your tiny living space.
Finally, this comes with multiple safety features, including overheating protection and a child safety lock. It also has non-slip feet and measures 11.5 by 14.56 x 1.4 inches making this the thinks and most lightweight option yet. It’s the perfect option for tiny living or catering.
- TIMER and SAFETY ;Display window show the power ，temp ，timer ，you can Press “+” or “-” button to set the timer ，and The temperature can be set as well as the power level. Overheating protection, Child lock and rounded edges for safety.
- WEAR RESISTANCE & EASY MAINTENANCE: Premium glass surface, excellent wear resistance ,and easy cleaning after use. [NOTE] ; ETL Approved . We Provide returns policy or refund and 12-month warranty from the date of your purchase .
- 8 POWER LEVELS:Locked; click once，Unlock; long press ’ +' '- ’ Is for adjusting power or temperature,Quickly choose your desired power from 300W to 1800W increments; Meet your various cooking needs; simmer, deep fry, boil, sauté, sear, steam, slow cook and grill with ease
- 8 PRESET TEMPERATURE LEVELS: Adjustable temperature ranging from 140°F (60°C) to 460°F (238°C); can be set in 40°F increments; sensitive large touch buttons for enhanced usability
- WIDE APPLICATIONS & PORTABLE: The cooktop surface measures a diameter of 11.5in (29cm) ，Wide ;14.6 (37cm), ensures a large and uniform heated area; compact and lightweight with a thickness of just 1.4in (.37 cm) for easy transport and storage
The Duxtop 8100MC Cooktop ranks a little lower because of the size as it takes up more space and costs more money by about 30 percent more than the three options above at 13 x 11.5 x 2.5, so not massively more space but just enough to cause issues in smaller homes. The cord does have a reach of five feet, though, which makes it quite handy.
Another minor point against the cooktop is the slightly outdated design as it has flashes of copper color and an un-modern look. However, in every other way, it performs as well as it’s competitors, except it’s louder. If you don’t like buzzing noises move on. It’s not because of fans, though, as this one has a 7-blade fan to dissipate heat rapidly.
It uses a 120V 15 amp electrical outlet, offers a digital control panel, and even includes a two-year warranty. The timer only goes up to 170 minutes instead of the almost standard 180 minutes. You can adjust the temperature from 140F to 460F, and it has ten power levels from 200 up to 1800 watts, so you definitely still have plenty of range with this model.
Finally, this model has auto-pan detection to turn the pan off after 60 seconds when no cookware is on the burner. It also comes with a voltage and error message system on the LED screen. It’s lightweight too at just 6.5 pounds and super easy to clean. But the fatal flaw of this cooktop is it doesn’t have a child safety lock, so do not choose this option if it will be around children.
- ▶Compact & portable induction burner◀: lightweight, portable induction burner makes handling and storage easy. Perfect for dorm rooms, home kitchens, backyard cooking, rvs, boats, etc. Compact design uses 110/120V 15-Amp Electrical outlet, standard in all North American homes. Etl listed and built to North American Electrical standards.
- ▶Energy efficient & safe◀: choose from 10 preset power levels (200W to 1800W) and 10 preset temperature level settings (140°f to 460°f). with an 83% energy efficiency rating, this duxtop induction cooker is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves yet provides quick heat-up and faster cooking times. No open flame or hot cooking element means safer cooking.
- ▶170-Minute timer & easy cleanup surface◀: this induction stove with simple control knobs is very easy to operate. Built-in countdown digital timer programmable in 1-minute increments up to 170 minutes) allows for “set it and forget it” stock-making, steaming, slow-cooking and other tasks. Glass cooktop surface is easy to clean using only damp towel.
- ▶5. 7-Qt stainless steel pot◀: This induction pot is made of food-grade 18/10 stainless steel with a heavy gauge impacted-bonded bottom to ensuring quick, even heating. The 5. 7-Quart pot features a wider mouth than normal stockpots, for easy stirring and braising. Easily monitor your cooking task with the clear tempered glass lid. Dishwasher-safe. Oven-safe to 550°f (glass lid is oven-safe to 400°f). freezer-safe for food storage.
- ▶Versatile & 100% ◀: this portable induction cooktop comes with a classic stainless steel cooking pot well suited for preparing hot pot, stocks, soups, stews, pasta and more. With the bright glass surface of the Induction hot plate and sparkling and Silver appearance of the pot, you’ll never hesitate about using this set for serving in the kitchen or at the dining room table. 2-Year Manufacturer and Customer service available.
The final option for a single burner is the Max Burton Induction Cooktop. It’s ranked lowest because of the higher price, beeping sound, and smaller burner top at only six inches. Another annoyance is the seam between the burner and the control panel. If you are a messy cook or your food splatters, this means more difficult cleaning. Although, the elevation of the burner over the control panel certainly looks nice.
It uses 120V of AC Power and a range of up to 1800 watts for all standard homes. The cooktop is also lightweight at just six pounds, which is one reason it’s on our list. Moreover, it measures 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches making it shorter and a unique size many customers who live tiny will love.
Other features you will love are the LCD display and touchpad controls. It also has an astounding 15 temperature settings from 100F to 450F in 25F increments. This model also has the lock the one above does not. Next, it has a timer programmable up to 180-minutes too.
Lastly, this is a very safe option as it will shut off if it short circuits, goes overvoltage, overheats, detects the wrong cookware, or after three hours of no use. It also has two burn size options and has multiple useful buttons. The buttons include lock, simmer, timer, up and down, boil, and power. They even added a magnet to test your cookware.
- Max Burton #6450 Induction Cooktop uses 120V AC Power, standard in all homes. Energy efficient, portable, lightweight and easy to use.
- One touch simmer and boil. New space saving design includes a digital LCD screen and screen lock to prevent setting changes.
- Digital temperature control from 100°F to 450°F, in 25°F increments. Digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 180 minutes.
- Compatible with any induction ready cookware, to include cast aluminum enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with magnetic bottom, cast iron or ANY cookware if used with our 6010 Induction Interface Disk.
- Safety Features Include: auto shut-down in the event of a short circuit, overvoltage or overheating; incompatible cookware is detected; or if operated for over 3 hours
If a single burner isn’t big enough, try the Trighteach Portable Double Cooktop. It comes with all the features you love about a single burner but with two cooktops so you can sear chicken and boil pasta. The options are endless as you can have two pots going at one time, and this is the best option available.
At first glance, the Trighteach offers 2200 watts of power, a digital touchscreen, child safety lock, ten power levels, and space for two pots or pans. The glass top device comes from Germany, ready to wow you with its ease of use. You can adjust the temperature with the ten power levels from 176 degrees up to 518 degrees.
Moreover, the unit comes with five fire protections, including overheating, temperature, over-voltage, under-voltage, and consistency protection, so you know you are safe when using these cooktops. The unit measures 26.7 x 15 x 3.1 inches, which will fit on most countertops, even in overflowing kitchens, tiny homes, or RVs.
Last of all, the set comes with a cookware tester – a magnet – to see if your pots will work or if you need to go shopping. Each burn has its own set of buttons, including a child lock, timer, temperature up or down, a function button, and a power button. Start cooking more elaborate meals now!
- 【Sensor touch induction cooktop】digital LED sensor-touch control panel, sensitive to touch and easy to operate. With ultra-thin design, it’s lightweight and portable for easy handling and storage.Perfect for single, fit in the tiniest Studio kitchens, RV, apartment.Also uses 120 volts, 15 amp of electricity—standard in all North American homes.
- 【Effective magnetic field heating】this induction cooktop burner uses electromagnetic induction technology. That is, instead of Heating the cooktop, it produces heat directly in the cookware.So it can avoid excess heat from the burner does not add to the ambient heat of the room, also save money and be more environmentally friendly. Precautions (use it to switch to temperature mode when cooking food)
- 【Universal fit induction cooker】compatible with induction ready cookware, The countertop burner is suitable for magnetic pot or cooker. Which diameter is from 4.72 to 10.23”(12-26Cm). the auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically if no cookware or the incorrect cookware is detected.In order to let customers know if their pots are usable, we also give a small magnet for testing.
- 【Timer and safety lock】built-in countdown digital timer, 10 minutes incremental to 180 minutes, or 1 minute decreases; touch lock function can protect children and animals mistakenly touch, to ensure their safety. Press the child lock key for three seconds to unlock it.
- 【Multiple safety Protection】The circuit design of induction cooktop to offer multiples safety protections. Most importantly, the Induction cooktop can auto shutoff if no actions. Also, there is a built-in diagnostic error message system to help you resolve the issues. Meanwhile, adopts fireproof plastic and polished crystal plate surface to keep you and your family safer when cooking at home.
Duxtop’s single burner only made number four for single burners but ranks number two for our double burners as they offer a superior double induction cooktop. The dual heating zones each go up to 1800 watts using 120 volts and 15 amps of electricity. It also comes with the ever-important child safety locking system.
Next, both sides come with their own screen and buttons at an angle for easier viewing. Although, the angle does create a seam, you may need to clean food out of later. Cleaning the glass tops is still incredibly easy thanks to the smooth surfaces. What’s even better is 20 preset levels per mod for the perfect selection of cooking options.
Finally, the unit measures smaller than the previous model at 25 x 17.1 x 4.3. Though it’s taller but takes up less space on your counter and still only weighs 14.8 pounds for a lightweight way to cook for your family or for yourself. Now you can save energy, cook on the go, and live tiny or just expand your cooking options, but it does cost a bit more than the other options.
- 【DUAL HEATING ZONES】→ This professional digital countertop induction cooktop by Duxtop is equipped with two independent heating zones that allow you to set each one separately using the LCD display screen. The Duxtop induction burner uses 120 Volts, 15 amp of electricity—standard in all North American homes.
- 【SAFE—EASY TO USE—EASY TO CLEAN】→ Child safety lock system helps protect from injuries such as scalding. Touch control panel is simple to operate, and the rapid heating of the cookware makes cooking fast and easy. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so it’s easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel.
- 【CHOOSE POWER MODE OR TEMPERATURE MODE】→ There are 20 preset levels per mode so you can select the perfect one for your cooking task. Simply press one button to switch between cooking modes. TEMPERATURE MODE is recommended to fry, steam and saute. Try POWER MODE to keep food warm or to bring water to a boil quickly.
- 【ENERGY EFFICIENT】→ Electric cooktops place the electromagnetic energy directly into the cookware without wasting energy on a heating element. This makes them extremely energy efficient while providing faster heating. The Power Sharing Feature is designed to avoid electrical overload and increase efficiency by allowing the burners to share power between them while in Power Mode.
- 【WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS】→ This double induction cooker is compatible with cast iron, iron, magnetic steel, enameled iron, stainless steel manufactured with a magnetic bottom. If a magnet sticks to the cookware bottom, it should be compatible. Lightweight and attractive design makes it great for home and outdoor cooking. Low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved and built to North American electrical standards.
The Cuisinart offers a sleek design and a low price, along with two burners. Like a typical stovetop, where you have one large and one smaller burner each with their own control panels. This unit measures 14.25 x 23.5 x 2.5 making it the second-smallest option on our list. A few differences show up, though, with the first being that the two burners have different settings.
Next, the larger burner has eight heat settings while the smaller burner has only five settings. Each cooktop section does have its own timer of up to 150 minutes. What’s absolutely wonderful is the heat disappears in as little as 30 seconds after you remove your pot or pan. Moreover, each side has it’s own LED display.
Finally, the unit weighs just 14.2 pounds making it exceptionally light. A few customers complained about the unit dying prematurely, but this can happen with any electronic devices, and this one comes with a five-year motor warranty so you can get your money back from this well-known and popular brand.
- Induction technology for fast heat-up and consistent heat throughout cooking. Must use with induction-ready cookware
- Dual heat settings: 8 settings on the left burner, 5 settings on the right burner. Dimensions: LWH: 14.25" x 23.5" x 2.5"
- Individual 150-minute timers and ON/OFF switches for each burner
- Throws off less heat so kitchens stay cooler.MC Cubic Feet: 3.29
- Heat turns off 30 seconds after pot or pan is removed.UC Cubic Feet: 1.38
Nutrichef created their own double burner induction cooker with a unique shape, which makes it a reliable option. The shame is a rectangle, but the buttons are on the short side so you can use the burner on your counter, taking up less length, which may be the best option for people with limited counter space. You even get a choice of colors, including dark gray or black.
The unit measures an incredibly small 20.47 b 11.42 x 3.15 inches, which is extremely portable but may only hold smaller pots. If you like to cook with bigger pans, this may not be the best option for you, but if you need to save space, than it just might work.
Other features include an easy streamline design that cleans up nicely. It includes full control sensor touch buttons, a countdown timer setting, lower power consumption, and two burners at 5.9 inches each. The units use 120 volts with a max range of 1800 watts per element. It also comes with safety piece of mind and all of the normal buttons for easy use.
- Inner pan with grip handle for easy carry
- Preset cooking timer
- Non-stick coating inner pan
- Detachable inner/outer lid and steam vent cap
- Washable lid
The last option also comes from Nutrichef but with a wide instead of a narrow layout. All of the buttons are on the broader side, which will take up more space than the option above. It comes with a ceramic tempered glass for the two circular heating zones that work independently. You can use the two burners separately or at the same time for quick and even cooking.
Each side comes with an LCD digital display and their own buttons and child safety locks to prevent children from playing with this unit. Each unit offers 1800 watts, and the burner spots measure 6.7 inches. The timers also go up to a whopping four hours, which is the highest on this list. You even get sensor touch control, and an easy to clean unit with a seamless design.
Last of all, the unit measures 14.2 x 23.6 x 2.6 making it one of the smaller units. Cook with two full-sized burners to make your favorite steak dinner and on the other side, fry up eggs and potatoes. It also weighs only 12.35 pounds making this one of the lightest options. Most of the negative comments for this unit are customers upset they cannot use their pots and pans, making them not legitimate, and we will explain why below with tons of valuable information about induction cooktops.
- TWO HEATING ZONES: This Professional Digital Countertop Dual Induction Cooker by NutriChef is equipped with 2 Circular Top Panel Heating Zones with Independent Configurable Temperature Zone Setting & a Digital LCD Display Screen
- MULTIPLE COOKING MODE: Switch from one cooking mode to another w/ just one press. This has a manual cooking function with fry, steam, & water mode for easy cooking, & an automatic warm function which keeps the food warm for later serving
- LOCK FUNCTION: This product is also equipped with a Built in Child Safety Lock which locks all the operating buttons of the cooktop to protect the little ones from injuries such as scalding
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: This heavy duty 120v Electric Induction cooktop cooks food by using electromagnets so no heat is lost between the cooking surface & the pot which makes it highly energy efficient & it also makes cooking a lot easier & faster
- COMPACT & VERSATILE: This double burner is compatible with steel, cast iron, enameled iron, stainless steel, flat bottom pan or pot w/ a diameter of 12 to 26 cm. Lightweight & compact, great for home / outdoor cooking & its easy to clean
What You Need To Know About Induction Cooktops
Induction cooktops plug into your electricity, so they are definitely electric. However, they cook food in a fraction of the time, meaning you will use a lot less power to cook your food, which saves you energy. This translates to less energy loss in the cooking process.
Induction doesn’t create heat on its own but instead uses electromagnetic induction to create heat with a magnetic field with your cookware. Basically, the cooktops use electricity mainly to activate the buttons and the coils but uses less power because of the pots and pans that help to create the magnetic feel. If no pan is on the burner, it’s not producing heat.
Of course, one of the best benefits of a portable induction top is it’s moveable. The size is around 14 x 12 inches for most of the single units, and the weight is only about seven pounds. Whether you live in a tiny home or have a full-sized kitchen, you can make space for an induction cooktop.
The double burner options are around 15 by 27 inches and weigh closer to twenty pounds, which means they are still small enough and light enough to store easily. They make the perfect option for tiny homes, mobile home, RV’s, or if you often find yourself needing a few extra burners around your home for large parties. You can also use an induction cooktop for careering or other food venues.
One feature you will love about induction cooktops is how easy they are to clean. Most of these cooktops have a plain flat face with minimal grooves and crevices to build-up food or grease. You do want to make sure to unplug an induction cooktop before cleaning. Also, avoid abrasive chemicals and sponges and never submerge it in water.
The main drawback is the learning curve. At first, you are going to end up burning this because you are use to a lower heat progression. Also, induction tops sound like bumblebees with a low buzzing noise that may drive some people crazy. Finally, if you have cookware you already love and spent a lot of money on, you may not want to have to replace it to be able to cook on your cooktop; however, you can purchase an interface disk to accommodate your cookware.
Induction cooktops come with safety in mind and include safety features to alert you if there isn’t a pan on the burner or if you try to use non magnetic cookware options such as copper or aluminum. Some models also shutoff if you take the pan off after a couple of seconds to prevent problems. Furthermore, induction cooktops have lock buttons to prevent children from accidentally turning on the burner.
Another excellent safety feature of an induction cooktop is they can not cause a fire while as any other type of burner can cause a fire. Now, your pan or oil may catch fire, the cooktop itself cannot. As always, keep flammable items like paper towels, washcloths, and other stuff far away from your cooking space.
Also, keep in mind you need ventilation for an induction cooktop. A filter in the back helps, but you need to provide 4 to 6-inches of space to allow for filtering. In a tiny home, you may need to open a window, or you may want to consider a vent or exhaust fan to suck heat out of the kitchen along with oil droplets when frying.
Questions About the Best Induction Cooktops
What cookware can I use on an induction cooktop?
Induction burners use magnetic fields to transfer heat, and this makes special cookware necessary. You have quite a few options available, including cast iron. However, as induction cooktops are made of glass, cast iron can scratch your unit, which makes enameled cast iron a wonderful option.
Stainless steel is an option, but not every stainless steel will work. Try the magnet test or look for stainless steel that works with induction cooking. What you cannot use is copper, aluminum, glass, ceramic, and non-magnetic stainless steel as these do not create a magnetic field. It’s easy to test if your current cookware will work. If a magnet sticks, you can use it, and if it doesn’t, you cant. You also cannot use the easy clean pots and pans.
Is there a huge difference between induction and a hot plate?
The main difference is how they heat. With induction, the burner works with the pan to create a magnetic field. A hot plate uses external heat to cook food and heat up pans. Hot plates use either electric or gas, but both heat up an element. This means you can burn yourself, and they take longer to heat up to cook food while also taking more time to cool down. Induction cooktops cool off as fast as they heat up!
Are induction cooktops safe to use?
Some people worry about the magnetic field, causing harm to humans or animals, but this isn’t a concern as the created electromagnetic waves are low frequency. Specifically, the frequency ranges from 20Kz to 23 Kz, which is less than a microwave by a lot. It’s actually good for your health as they do not release CO, CO2, or burning O2. Moreover, because it uses cookware to create heat, the burner cools down much faster, so you are less likely to burn yourself.
Should some people avoid induction cooktops?
Yes. If you have a pacemaker, you should consult your doctor before using an induction cooktop. Patients are at risk if they have an implant that is left-sided and unipolar, but only if they stand very close to the cooktop (for more information read https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16635999). You do not want to affect the working of your pacemaker, and it’s better to know all the facts before deciding on this method of cooking.
How does induction cooking work?
This YouTube video does a great job of explaining how induction cooktops work:
Wouldn’t it be nice on thanksgiving to have just one more burner to cook up the gravy? Now you can as long as you have the right pots and pans as induction cooktops work by creating a magnetic field to heat food. They reduce the chance of burns and fires along with so many other benefits. We narrowed the choices down to our absolute favorite after exhaustive research.
If you only need a single burner portable induction cooker, try the highly-rated Portable Induction Cooktop by Tibek because it has all the features you need and work extremely well. Not only does the price offer tons of value, but the cooktop can also go anywhere you go from a mobile or tiny home, with you for catering, or just provide another cooktop for large events.
Last Updated on