The Top Closet Storage Systems Reviewed
One of the things that almost everyone takes for granted is the benefits of a clean and uncluttered closet. We all have heard of The Chair, right? It’s a random chair in the corner of a bedroom that is draped with clean clothes – and sometimes not so clean clothes – and is used as a closet. The thing about the chair, is that it isn’t going to stop your room from being cluttered. In fact, it adds to the clutter! Having a good closet in the home is the way to ensure that you’re not constantly leaving clothes to get wrinkled and unkempt. When you do have a closet, though, you need to keep it organized, and there are closet systems that you can buy that will keep your closet looking neat and tidy – without much effort.
The Chair can be a thing of the past if you have a DIY closet system that keeps everything you own in order. There’s no need to open the doors and have all the mess fall out, you just have to get up the motivation to get the closet as organized as possible – sooner rather than later, too. Organizing your closet doesn’t just mean organizing a large closet space; it’s often the smallest closets that have the most clutter inside them.
With all of this in mind, check out some of our favorite options for closet kits that make sense.
The Best Closet Systems
When it comes to closet storage systems, there are a lot to choose from. We went through many of the top options available, and here are the kits that made our short list:
This kit fits into any walk-in or reach-in closet with at least one 4-8ft wide wall, which means that you can design your space according to your vision. Still not sure that you’ve got the right size? The telescoping rods and expanding shelves adjust to add 22ft of shelving space and 12ft of hanging space, which means that you’re not about to run out of room! You’re not left high and dry trying to work out how to hang everything, either, as mounting hardware is included for easy installation and there are instructions included to walk you through the installation process. With a maintenance free epoxy finish, you’re going to be able to enjoy your new closet, organized exactly how you’d like it to be.
- Fits any walk in or reach in closet with at least one wall 4 8 feet wide
- Telescoping rods and expanding shelves adjust to add 22 feet of shelving space and 12 feet of hanging space
- All mounting hardware included for easy Installation no cutting required
- Closet kit includes (7) 26 inches Shelves, (2) 48 inches Shelves, (2) 48 inches Top Rails, (19) Brackets, (5) 47.5 inches Uprights, (2) 25 inches Upright Extensions, and (2) Hang Rods
- Virtually maintenance free epoxy finish
There’s no need for clutter to overload your senses and cause you undue stress in all aspects of your life, and an disorganized closet does just this 90% of the time. You can take a moment to imagine walking into your bedroom and enjoying somewhere entirely stress free, because once you do you won’t be able to look back. The adjustable shelves mean that just because you set it up one way, doesn’t mean that you have to keep it that way! The ShelfTrack Closet Organizers can fit into closets between 2-8 feet, which means that you can use them for the nursery, too. Want more? Add accessories like hanging baskets, stacking shelves and shelf liners. Personalizing your closet has never been easier.
- This all-in-one kit has approximately 132 inches of hanging space and 216 inches of shelf space (includes 36 inch shoe shelf)
- Configuration for 5 ft. to 8 ft. wide closets, shelving is 12 inches deep; Features 36 inch shoe shelf
- Kit includes hang track, standards, shelf brackets, closet rods, closet rod support and SuperSlide shelves
- All hardware and installation template included; Some shelf, hang track and/or rod cutting may be required to fit closet space
- Material: Vinyl coated steel; All shelving SCS Certified for minimum of 90% recycled content.Weight capacity of 60 lbs. per shelf
You can maximize every inch of closet space with this kit, and it’s designed to be sophisticated in your home. It’s also designed with up to 50% more steel than most closet organizers, which keeps up with active families. Other rail based systems use a lot less steel and don’t have the same level of adjustability. While we’re on the topic of strength, it can also hold 100lb of weight per linear foot. The installation is quick and easy, and the Rail is attached to the wall to make for easy hanging. There are seven on trend finishes that match any decor in the home, so all you have to do is choose where it goes.
- Designed with style and Sophistication, freedomRail is truly adjustable. Transform the look and function of your reach-in or walk-in closet in an instant!
- Premium components offer an elegant, on-trend appearance that lasts. Continue to add and modify with freedomRail accessories as your wardrobe and storage needs change.
- Quality-engineered to hold more weight than other rail-based Systems – holds 100lbs per linear foot.
- Heavy-gauge steel parts and wooden shelving provide extreme dependability while complementing your style.
- Quick and easy installation – everything hangs from the horizontal rail. Simply slide the uprights along freedomRail for a truly adjustable storage solution.
Everything you need is in one box, and this solid wood closet organizer gives you the chance to transform a space stylishly and quickly. With up to 22ft of space, you can organize your things in any way that suits you. Not happy? Change it all up, because you can move it all around a you see fit.
- 16 inch deep solid wood Deluxe organizer in Red Mahogany finish includes 6 ft accessory tower, ventilated shelving, and metal garment bars
- Includes 3 - 10 inch drawers featuring soft close full extension ball bearing drawer glides, Satin Nickel handles, and Felt lined bottoms.
- Ventilated shelving provides up tp 22ft of shelf space; metal garment bars provides up to 14ft of hang space
- Wall mounted; ideal for walk-in type closets--fits up to a 10-foot wide closet or less; Cut to fit your closet dimensions
- Everything needed in one box including step by step instructions and multipul configuration options
The four extra wide levelling feet increase ground contact and promote enhanced stability. There is also wall mounting hardware that come included for added safety. For the closet organization that makes sense for you, there are 2 adjustable hanging rods that can be moved up and down an inch at a time, so you can make it suit you and your tastes. There are 10 adjustable height shelves, 5 on either side and each shelf holds 100lb, so you can really organize your clothes and coats in a way that works. Thankfully, there is a simple screw together assembly and it doesn’t take long to put together. This closet organizer includes plastic shelf liners and wall mounting hardware, and it’s backed with a 1 year limited warranty.
- Expandable closet organizer with 2 adjustable-width hanging rods that can be moved up/down in 1-inch increments
- 10 adjustable-height shelves, 5 on either side; each shelf holds 100 pounds and can be raised/lowered in 1-inch increments
- Made of durable steel wire and plastic slip sleeves; sleek black finish; 4 extra-wide leveling feet for added stability
- Simple screw-together assembly; includes plastic shelf liners and wall-mounting hardware for safety
- Measures 14 by 58 to 63 by 72 inches (LxWxH); backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
The Benefits Of A Good Closet System
There are many people that dream of an organizational overhaul , but we mostly don’t have the time to get it done, which means you need to utilize as many closet systems as possible without sacrificing the space you have. When you only have a hanging rack and maybe a shelf or two, it can be hard to keep everything in order. The benefits of closet organizers is that they provide your storage space with a home for everything.
Organized Closet, Organized You
Not only are closet organizer systems good for your organization sills, they’re going to help you to feel better, too. The more organized and efficient you are, the better you feel as you go about your daily routine. You can start seeing the benefits of your closet system immediately, and instead of trying to cram in just one more thing to your closet, you can enjoy the benefits of a well thought out system that makes sense for your own peace of mind. You staying organized allows you to be efficient in the morning, so there is much less of a rush day to day. The right closet system also brings value to your home; the built in options are going to bring you extra cash when you decide to sell one day!
DIY Closet Storage System Video
If you are handy at building, here is a great YouTube video showing how you can build your own closet storage system:
Last Updated on